Snap and post! We think of Instagram as a tool for quick picture sharing and not as a platform that we can leverage for marketing our business. Wondering how you can use pictures to boost your online reach? Can some short useful videos help enhance your customer’s experience?
In today’s social media landscape where trends change faster than the weather in the beautiful hills we call home, it can be easy to get lost in whicH direction is right and which is left when it comes to Instagram marketing to reach your Adelaide audience.
A leading social media platform, now widely utilized for business-related promotions is Instagram. It has proven its credibility in inducing users to visit affiliated links of online shops and other brands, with 72% of users relying on their purchase decisions based on what they see on the app.
No matter what you sell and who you sell it to, using Instagram as a marketing tool can help you grow your brand and pad your wallet. In case you are still unsure about Instagram’s importance, this guide lists the reasons to hop over and get started.
The Essentials of A Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy
A successful social media marketing strategy will be different for every business, but here are the things they will all have in common:
- Knowledge of your audience: You need to know what platforms they use, when they go on them and why, what content they like to engage with, the competitors they are following, and more.
- Brand identity: A strong visual identity can help strengthen your brand message and makes you look more professional. So, what is the message you want to convey to your audience? How do you want them to feel when viewing your content?
- Content strategy: You will need a structured content strategy to be able to have a consistent voice and produce quality content regularly, while there is a level of spontaneity on social media.
- Analytics: Whether you use Facebook or Instagram, you get quantifiable insights that will inform your strategy, including who you are reaching, the content with maximum engagement, the right content to share, the best times to post, and more.
- Consistency: Social media is a real-time platform. So if you want to use it to grow your business, you need to post regularly, stay on top of the engagements, engage back, keep up with the trends, and maintain accurate profiles.
- Try paid social media advertising: Among the many reasons you would come across below to advertise on social media is that it is a highly cost-effective way to expand your reach.
With the help of experts, you can play your social cards right. That means, you can get your content and offers in front of a huge audience at a very low cost. For instance, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest offer incredibly granular targeting capabilities, allowing you to focus your budget on targeting the right people interested in your business.
What is Instagram Marketing?
With 2 billion monthly users worldwide, Instagram is a hugely popular photo and video sharing social media platform, according to Statista. Users can reach their potential customers and market their offering using Instagram by doing the following:
- Create a photo or video posts
- Make Instagram stories that are live on your profile for 24 hours
- Similar to Tiktok, create Instagram reels, which are 15, 30, or 60 seconds short-form videos
- Live stream content
- Shop directly from eCommerce brands through the app
- Instagram also lets you add a product catalog so that you can connect your customers directly to your particular products through a click
Instagram’s parent company is Meta, which also owns Facebook. However, Instagram caters to a younger demographic. As of April 2022, roughly 31% of global Instagram audiences were aged between 25 and 34 years.
Over two-thirds of total Instagram audiences were aged 34 years and younger and this makes the platform particularly attractive for marketers.
Why should your business be on Instagram?
Customers Expect It
Customers will search for you on Instagram.
As we mentioned above, Instagram is popular with younger people with 2 billion monthly users. They might search for you specifically by name, or by hashtags relating to your products, services, business, or location.
Additionally, data shows that 63% of U.S. users access the social platform daily and 97% use it monthly. Either way, not finding you is a bad sign and leads to your competitor’s page. With that many available eyeballs, there is no limit to the success a business can reach with a dedicated Instagram strategy.
And because those posts will primarily show up in the feeds of followers and people interested in your product, that traffic is very targeted. Also, this will not only boost your traffic numbers- it will bring in the type of visitors you want to attract.
Get Sales from Instagram
A major win is an ability to share Instagram photos and videos that link directly to those products or services. There are several effective ways for businesses to make money on Instagram:
- Direct sales: Instagram enables on-platform eCommerce sales. The Shop tab on Instagram’s home page helps users discover and purchase from brands directly through Instagram profiles, posts, and stories without paid marketing to your Adelaide or Sydney audience. It is not just the products you can showcase from your Instagram account- it’s also your white papers, infographics, blog posts, and any other content you post on your website.
- Create shoppable posts: Instagram offers shoppable posts, which lets businesses add tags to products in their photos with links that direct to the product page on the website and gives the ability to shop, taking users to an online store.
- Increasing awareness with brand ambassadors: In order to get viewers’ attention, sponsored posts and affiliate marketing is your way to go. These partnerships can help you generate more sales leads and increase conversion.
Publishing dry, corporate-style social media posts would do no good to you. If you are doing online business exclusively, having yet another social account where your customers can get to know your business is highly valuable.
Having a verified business account is one thing and letting your brand’s personality shine through in everything you share on social media is another. The combination signals that your business is reputable, real, and transparent.
Boosts your Site’s SEO
When it comes to online reputation management and search engine optimization for your brand name, having an Instagram account is a must-do.
Plus, you have to be vigilant about what comes up when customers search for your business or brand name as your social channels come up on the first page of the search engine as well.
Your killer content strategies and approaches are the most important factor in your search rankings, driving traffic to your optimized pages will cause them to climb much faster.
Instagram has outperformed Facebook in business advertising. It is a sign to get your business a social media agency, particularly for Instagram marketing in Adelaide.
Run your business with ease- Avail our Instagram marketing services to help manage and monitor your advertisements online. Upscale your businesses’ online presence, engage and captivate your audience with cost-effective and long-term benefits of social media services.