When you want to start promoting your business, products, or content on social media, it is important to carefully consider which social media platforms to use. Quickly deciding to go with whatever apps you use personally- or trying to promote business on every platform- can lead to wasted spending and effort.
This is where social media marketing services, can help you put the puzzle pieces together!
With close to 200 social media platforms to choose from, and some sources saying you need to know more than 75 of them in 2022, how do you know which ones are right for your brand? Where do you even begin?
It is better to approach the decision strategically to ensure that you are choosing the best social media apps for business. Social media advertising has to be precise, professional, and punchy in order to get the viewer’s attention- and that is precisely what our team at Pyxel Media provides.
Does Your Business Need a Social Media Channel?
For instance, if your goals, audience, and KPIs all align without social media then you may be doing fine without it. But if you want exposure to your brand or to reach new customers, then you should consider the advantages of social media marketing for your business.
To succeed today, social media presence is no longer an option. With over 3.7 billion active social media users worldwide, social media platforms provide a massive audience for your business to connect with your customers, connect with new clients, and generate more leads. Here are some of the aspects of a brand that can benefit from social media presence:
- Marketing your products and services
- Customer service to address customer problems quickly and efficiently
- Boost sales by improving social listening
- Building a brand and creating a visual brand
Why is it Hard to Choose The Right Social Media Brand For Your Brand?
The answer to this is not that easy.
If you have heard of clubhouse, launching last year publically and beating out the other social media platforms TikTok, Instagram, and Zoom. However, according to some reports Clubhouse is dying and its user base is declining.
So when it comes to your brand, could this have worked towards your business advantage, or would it have been a bad choice?
By this, we mean that some brands are able to build a large audience very quickly. While others might lack on the video production. So for them, the cost and returns spent meant that continuing to invest in video content without any goal or well-planned strategies.
Each business is unique, which means that the right choice for one might not be a viable option for another.
Here are two factors that will determine if a social media platform will perform for your brand:
- Demographics play an important role: The older demographics are found on Facebook whereas TikTok is notoriously popular with GenZ. And when it comes to Pinterest it has been able to successfully drive growth for eCommerce businesses.
- Creativity and strategy for each platform go hand in hand: There is a learning curve associated with each social media platform. And it is definitely not true that you can post exactly the same content on every platform.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Social Media Platform for Branding Services in Adelaide
1. Goals: Your primary goal will likely be to drive sales by attracting customers, there are also other creative goals for social media. While some brands use social media for customer support, others use social media to drive brand recognition and to develop friendly relationships. You will need to consider several factors:
- Determine the immediate goals
- Understand your long term goals
2. Audience: If you want to understand your audience, you need to make a user persona of those who are most likely to buy your products and use your services. You should definitely consider other factors when determining where you want to have a presence, as Internet users have an average of 6.6 social media accounts. Largely, you should have an answer to the following:
- Demographic of your target audience, including, age, gender, and location
- Interests outside your products or service
- Content preference popular with your potential audience, how it is consumed, and where.
- Do you have a social media team?
- Who will be responsible for handling all the activities on social media?
- How much time can you dedicate to each channel including the learning curve?
- Facebook: Facebook is the most popular social media site on every marketer’s list, with over 2 billion monthly active users. Although it is a social networking site that lets users connect with family and friends, and join groups, but also follows commercial pages for businesses. However, you need to know the content types that work and the best ways to optimize Facebook ads to expand the reach of your posts on Instagram.
- Instagram: This photo-sharing app is the third-most popular social media app. Now with the advent of Instagram reels, a short form of videos, that provide the means to expand marketing possibilities significantly and drive traffic to your website.
- Tiktok: Tiktok is also known for its short-form videos. Tiktok is very trend-driven and visual-based, businesses can take advantage and incorporate this in their marketing strategy to get tons of views and engagement.
Remember, with any social media platform, you are likely to put your energy into it, so before you open a new channel, ask yourself if you have the resources necessary to be successful. Make sure to tailor your content to the communication behavior and audience expectations for each channel. Don’t publish the same message across all your channels.