Wall posts, status, check-in, filters, heart, memes, polls, tweets…
This is certainly not an alien language! It is the language of the generation today. And for the people not aware of it, if you spend a little or a lot of time on social media, you will know exactly what we are talking about.
From nestling at your favorite cafe, sipping your favorite coffee, scrolling through reviews of a brand, going through your feeds, to ‘hearting’ or ‘liking’ what mesmerizes you and following your favorite brands and famous personalities, social media has become a part and parcel of everyone’s existence.
Social media is no longer a fancy term, instead, it is a necessity in today’s time for both, individuals and businesses alike. The importance of social media in our lives is now unquestionable.
What is Social Media?
Let’s understand it by breaking the word into two parts, the social part refers to the exchange of information among people. While the media part refers to the medium of communication just like the internet, newspapers, or T.V.
To simply put, social media is a series of websites and applications designed to permit people to share content quickly, efficiently, and in real-time.
Social media being a massively popular medium with widespread use, let’s learn the aspects or characteristics which make social media unique:
- The one aspect which contributes to its enormous success is the ease of access it provides to the users. To become a user all you need to have is an internet connection and a mobile device or computer. Everything is just a click away.
- Using visuals, audio, or text, users can create content. Initially, when social media was a place for communication, now brands can start private forums, public discussions, and even blogs. Therefore, it is easy to find content across genres and on varied topics.
- Within a couple of seconds, your post reaches your complete circle of followers. In fact, what one shares can be further shared by others, this will help gain popularity or go viral. On a real time basis, you can share your experience, give your opinions, reviews, and exchange information.
Social Media Advertising and Brands
Social media marketing also known as digital marketing and e-marketing is the use of social media platforms on which users network and share information, to build a company’s brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic to the products and services. In addition to providing companies with a way to engage with existing customers, it is an effective way for companies of all sizes to reach out to new prospects and existing customers. Plus, it also has purpose-built data analytics that allows marketers to track the success of their efforts and identify even more ways to engage.
Your customers are already interacting with brands on social media, and if you are not speaking directly to them on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, you are missing out!
As the total number of social media users has been growing every year, and they are expected to keep increasing. Hence, now is the right time for companies to engage and captivate their audience with their social media presence with the help of a reliable marketing agency.
Social media is a minefield for lead generation as well as customer acquisition and when followed a strategic approach businesses can enjoy plenty of benefits!
Build a Foundation and Increase Conversions through Strategic Approaches to Social
Not sure where to start? Although most businesses have a social media presence only a few of them do it effectively or efficiently. If you are looking to utilize social media marketing to grow your business, Pyxel Media, the #1 social media marketing agency in Adelaide and Sydney, can help put the puzzle pieces together, launching your social media presence into the stratosphere.
To run your social media successfully, having a creative team and social strategist work hand-in-hand will help you create effective campaigns utilizing impactful video content and elegantly designed graphics. The good thing is that we only work with brands that align with our vision and values. If the goals don’t align with us, we will simply let you know before we take you onboard.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing for Your Business
- Brand Building: At its core, social media marketing is all about increasing your brand visibility. It is about letting people know you exist and that you have the solution to their problems. But this goes much further than that. Through social media, you will be able to create human connections and give leads the ability to become clients. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many others can give you the platform to promote your brand to millions of users around the world. This is one of the many ways through which the humanizing of brands is done through social media.
- Customer engagement: By applying a well-thought-out social media strategy, you will increase your exposure to your brand to new people and increase your brand recognition with your current audience. This can be done effectively if you communicate with prospects and customers- answering their inquiries, helping them solve issues, and working on their suggestions. Not only this, but your users will also enjoy a heightened user experience.
- Growth in terms of leads and sales: Apart from being a good tool for brand visibility, it is also a great driver for leads, both directly and indirectly. However, you need to make sure it is easy for people to convert through all of the social media platforms used by your brand. By making sure your brand is creating shareable paid content, you will be able to drive traffic to your website and improve conversions. When it comes to increasing traffic and boosting conversions, social media advertising is a good place to start.
- Social listening helps to understand your target customer’s interests: If you are trying to reach them effectively, you need to know what your target customers are interested in. It assists you in understanding what is important to your target audience and identifying trends that they are following. You can do this by monitoring their social conversations around certain topics. You may also learn about what they are struggling with, which can help you create content addressing those pain points.
- Responsive customer service: Customers appreciate knowing that they will receive a personalized response rather than an automated message. Investing in customer service can help build a meaningful relationship between your company and your customers.
- Increased website traffic: Social media is intended to reach different audiences in a personable, useful, and entertaining way and refer those potential customers you may not have ever had the chance to engage with previously. There are a lot of ways to drive users to a brand’s website for valuable, useful reasons. Let social media be the vehicle that helps do that.
- In-depth analytics to measure what’s working and what’s not: Last but not least, social media is having access to a wealth of analytics and statistics which, we are sure you will agree, is any marketer’s dream!